Innovate Mississippi is committed to assisting technology entrepreneurs and emerging companies in our state.
What We Do For Entrepreneurs
Whether you are developing your business plan or seeking early-stage investment capital, our staff of experienced business and economic development professionals wants to help you find the resources you need to grow your enterprise and create jobs in Mississippi.
How We Assess Startups
Innovate Mississippi uses a rigorous entrepreneurial assessment tool. It contains evaluations to measure a project’s entrepreneurial, risk, venture, and business plan “readiness.”
Used in conjunction with the Mississippi Angel Investor Network, Mississippi Executive Talent Exchange, and the Entrepreneurial Service Providers Database, our assessment tool helps Innovate Mississippi guide Mississippi entrepreneurs as they follow the path to growing successful businesses.
Who We Focus On
Innovate Mississippi focuses on innovation-based companies with innovative products, processes, materials or business models. We generally do not work with companies in retail services, oil and gas exploration and production franchisees, real estate development, management and investment companies. However; firms will not be disqualified because their customers are in such industries. The Small Business Development Centers and the Mississippi Development Authority have resources to assist entrepreneurs in areas outside the scope of Innovate Mississippi.
The Entrepreneurial Development Process
- Complete Confidential Intake Survey.
- Watch video below, entitled “For Enterpreneurs” to see how Innovate Mississippi assists technology-based startups.
- After reviewing your Intake Survey application, we will contact you with next steps.
- Program Steps:
• Accepted entrepreneurs will be invited to engage in our Entrepreneur’s Journey Program via the AccelerateApp.
• The Innovate Mississippi Entrepreneurial Development team will meet with you during each stage of the Entrepreneur’s Journey Program.
• Program steps cover all aspects from proof of concept to business launch
- Depending on the required next steps, we will help the entrepreneur by connecting them to the Mississippi Seed Fund, Mississippi Angel Investor Network and Entrepreneurial Service Provider Network or other resources.
* Note: All information shared with Innovate Mississippi via intake form or disclosed in meetings will be kept confidential. We are happy to advise entrepreneurs on Intellectual Property protection if that has not already been secured
‘For Entrepreneurs’ Webinar
Our CEO, Tony Jeff, recorded this brief webinar to walk you through the high points of our process and give you a better sense of whether you might want to work with us on your startup idea.
- Free Kauffman FastTrac Course
- Lean Business Canvas
- Sample Investor Presentation (MS PowerPoint File)
- Investor Pitch Guidelines
- Executive Summary Guidelines
- Executive Summary Generator
- Startup Podcast
Mississippi Seed FundThe Mississippi Seed Fund is managed by Innovate Mississippi, providing high-tech, startup companies with access to pre-seed financing, early-stage risk capital and product development capital to stimulate and accelerate the development of high-performance, technology-based business ventures in Mississippi. The Seed Fund consists of the Proof of Concept, Research and Development, and New Technology Business programs. Click here to learn more.
- The Kauffman Foundation for Entrepreneurship and Education
- Inc. Magazine
- Entrepreneur Magazine
- Wall Street Journal Small Business
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Business Owner’s Toolkit
- VC Experts