The Innovate Mississippi Venture Development Academy is a group of courses designed to outline a systematic process to make early-stage innovation-based ventures successful through a series of lectures and exercises walking participants through the Innovate Mississippi venture development process. In addition to course instruction, various materials and password access to www.venturecapitaltools.com is included in each course.
There are currently four courses available:
- Venture Coaching Academy: This course is usually two or three days and is designed for those who want to coach innovation-based ventures. Participants usually include incubator managers, economic developers and mentors. Participants work in teams and learn how to coach entrepreneurs to success.
- Venture Development Academy – Investor-Ready Deals: This four hour workshop is for entrepreneurs, mentors, economic developers, investors and others who want to focus on a systematic and structured approach to early-stage technology-risky innovation and commercialization.
- Renewable Energy Venture Development Academy (REVDA): This six to eight hour course provides a comprehensive set of tools and methodologies to screen, develop or coach innovation-based renewable energy ventures. The course walks participants through an overview of the energy market drivers followed by the rigorous process of developing a technology-based venture.
- Venture Development Academy – Existing Business Innovation: This four hour course is typically given in conjunction with Investor-Ready Deals and focuses on how existing businesses can take advantage of their core-competencies, existing systems and networks to bring innovation to market.
Calendar of Venture Development Academy Events:
- Renewable Energy Venture Development Academy in conjunction with the Renewable Energy World North American/Power Gen International
Sunday, December 9
Contact Joseph Linton for more information.
Congratulations to Our Venture Coaching Graduates:
(Place of business at time of course completion)
De Anna Adams Mississippi e-Center at Jackson State University
Russell Adams NeedTo.com
Sheen Andrews University of Southern Mississippi SBDC
Sumesh Arora Innovate Mississippi
Tom Atkins Mississippi State University
Wayne Averett Renasant Center for IDEAs
Shanda Barrett Innovate Mississippi
Lucy Betcher Mississippi University for Women
La Tasha Bibb Innovate Mississippi
Joel Bomgar Bomgar
Natalie Boudreaux Innovate Mississippi
John Brandon Mississippi Development Authority
Gwen Catchings Mississippi Valley State University
Bethany Cooper University of Mississippi
Nichole D’Andrea Alabama Southern Community College
Bruce Deer Neopolas Technology
Joe Fanguy Mississippi State University
Stacey Gaines Innovate Mississippi
Kim Gallaspy Innovate Mississippi
Sheldon Grizzle Create Here
Glen Haab Alabama Southern Community College
Matt Harrison Texas Instruments Inc.
James Hendricks University of Mississippi SBDC
John Hendrix Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians
Lurlene Irvin Jackson State University
Tony Jeff Innovate Mississippi
Lylla Joe Innovate Mississippi
Joe Jordan Mississippi State University
Holly Kelly North Mississippi Enterprise Initiative
Billy Klauser Mississippi Development Authority
Tiffany Langlinais Innovate Mississippi
Clay Lewis Mississippi Development Authority
Joseph Linton Innovate Mississippi
Nathan McNeill Bomgar
Andrew Murff University of Mississippi
Orlando Pannell Community Development Foundation of Mississippi
Darryl Pieroni Digital DataVoice
Don Pital Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Center
Brad Prewitt Prewitt Group
Chris Reed The Montgomery Institute
Robert Sheely Mississippi State University
Christie Sledge Delta State University SBDC
Bob Smira Lawrence County Community Development Association
Ken Sones Mississippi Development Authority
William Spears The Juliet Collective
Abby Thompson Mississippi State University
Jesus Valdez Mississippi State University
Bubba Weir Innovate Mississippi
Stephen Whitt The Innovation Center
Joan Wilkinson Southwest Mississippi Community College
Sue Wright Hancock County Development Commission
Mark Yacovone University of Mississippi
To learn more about the Venture Coaching Academy, contact Bubba Weir at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-960-3610.
This project is partially funded by a grant from the United States Department of Labor.